INITIAL ZOOM SETUP
Please install Zoom in advance.
HOW TO JOIN A SESSION
- Signing up: If you have not yet done so, visit the online conference website (https://smartgridcomm.info) and sign up for a new account with your confirmation number in your IEEE receipt. If you have already signed up without a confirmation number or if you already have an account from SmartGridComm 2021, go to your profile and add a valid confirmation number.
- If you have just registered and your confirmation number is not yet found in the system, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The website will be updated, and new registrations will be added on a daily basis.
- Activate your account: Follow the link in the email message you receive after signing up to activate your account. You can also visit your profile and click the “Activate this account” button and an email message will be sent to you with an activation link.
- To enter the Zoom meeting for any of the sessions you plan to attend, go to the day and the session, and click the "Enter Zoom" button.
- At any time during the session, you may type your questions in the chat window in the Zoom meeting. After the talk concludes, the session chair will be selecting the questions to be answered by the speaker of the talk.
- At the end of each talk in the session, there will be a Q & A period, when you can feel free to ask questions, either by typing them in the chat window, or by unmuting your microphone and speaking directly.
- If for any reason you are not able to enter the Zoom meeting, or if the video quality is low due to technical difficulties, you may use the “Watch live stream” button in the website to attend the same session without entering Zoom. This feature is available for most of the sessions in the conference. To ask a question, enter your question and press the “Send” button at the bottom of each session in the website. Email notifications will be sent to contacting authors in the same session.
DURING THE SESSION
The Session Chair will mute your microphone during the entire Session.
HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS
OPTION 1: CHAT
You can join the discussion with other attendees by sending messages to “Everyone” or you can chat privately with the Session Chair by selecting their name from the drop down list. Learn more about Using Webinar Chat.
OPTION 2: LIVE Q&A SESSION
Following the 3 minute overview there is a short Q&A session.
We request participants to use Q&A panel on the side-panel on the right of the Zoom window. If not shown, one can click on the icon to enable the Q&A panel.
You can post your questions in the Q&A window anytime during the Session.
At the end of the talk, the Session Chair will select and ask the presenter to answer some of the questions in sequence they were submitted and within the allotted Q&A period and will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time.
The Chair will have the ability to unmute participants if this is needed to elaborate on their questions (please note that due to the limited Q&A duration, participants may want to discuss with the author(s) off-line).